Saturday, December 25, 2010

My new found addiction…

So, a couple weeks back my brother downloaded a mega file filled with countless documentaries on Space. From Sun to Pluto to Earth to Mars to the under-production, biggest ever Space center. Name the discovery and it’s embedded in the Space package. At first it was ridiculously boring to sit through a forty seven minute long video and listen to some guy who discovered something above our big blue marble and the world went gaga over it... However, slowly and gradually, I started to gain some interest in it and before I knew it I was totally hooked to their new discoveries.

It was fascinating to see the two Robots, Spirit & Opportunity land on Mars and their findings on how water might have been on Mars some million years ago. The expected time of this mission was only 90 days; however, the two Robots astonished the entire NASA team by being operable for six years. Also, I was very amused to see how scientist just sensed that Pluto should not be a planet and later proved the theory right. Impressive, isn’t it? I must say, NASA employees relish their jobs way too much. One day they are experimenting in Arizona and another in a container with no gravity. Is it really exciting or just looks good in the documentary? Hard to answer! Oh well, I’m still amused… While browsing a little more into the package, I came across a documentary on Sun. It’s really a miracle how our planet Earth is at a perfect distance to Sun to sustain life on our planet. At the same time, Sun can also act as a perfect destructor of human race. No wonder NOAA keeps a very close eye on our Sun.

For the past few days, each time I look at the sky, I’m too engrossed in our Moon. Luckily we had a full moon and infact a lunar eclipse on 21st December. Even while driving, I gaze at the moon more than on the road. Call it a crazy thought but if there’s a lottery ticket for space, I’d buy it in no time…

Switching gears now…

I’m posting my 50th article and absolutely elated to share this happiness with all my readers. It’s a sheer feeling of bliss to see each and every comment on my blog site and Facebook. Thank you to all… I hope to compose many more articles in the coming year!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. so good that this year u have completed your 50 th post.. very nice.. wonderful and happy that u got engaged in the video which is sumthing important and effective... Now u know sumthing more than others about space... right? keep watching these things.. good mam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, infact I'm too engrossed. Thanks for the nice words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. care to share the documentaries plz....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashish, download Space on utorrents and you'll have every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Expectations!

Have we ever tried to understand that only an expectation leads us to disappointment? Why is it so difficult to not expect anything from thi...